Dave O’Higgins saxophones, Geoff Gascoyne double bass, Rob Barron piano, Rod Youngs drums Born in Birmingham, Dave first emerged on the British jazz scene in the 1980s. After playing in the National Youth Jazz Orchestra for three years he joined the band of Jim Mullen before moving on to Martin Taylor's band. He formed the current quartet in 2010 with Sebastiaan de Krom on drums, Graham Harvey on piano and co-led with bassist, Geoff Gascoyne. The two leaders take equal responsibility to write & arrange a selection of “contrafacts” (new tunes written to changes of favourite standards)
Dave currently teaches saxophone, harmony and improvisation at the London College of Creative Media where he also sits on the board of studies.
Geoff has been a professional musician for over 30 years. He has worked with a massive range of musicians across a wide variety of formats. He has appeared on over 100 recordings and has toured the world many times. In the last 10 years Geoff has turned his attention to music production work. He is Professor of jazz bass at the Guildhall School of Music and is head of bass department at London School of Contemporary Music.
It would be hard to find a more experienced or intuitive quartet on the UK jazz scene. Bruce Lindsay – allaboutjazz.com
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
13. Parent plus one ticket valid for attendees aged 16 to 17 only.
14. Under 18's must be accompanied by a parent / guardian.
15. Only one under 18 permitted per parent / guardian.
16. Minimum age permitted to attend is 16.
17. No alcohol to be consumed by or purchased on behalf of under 18.
18. Under 18’s not permitted for sale on door, advanced tickets only.